Sunday, July 09, 2006

I &hearts the 80s: 1983 Mitsubishi Starion



If I'm not mistaken 1983 marked Mitsubishi's first foray into the U.S. market under its own name, and while its equally lost-to-the-sands-of-time (and hilariously monikered) entry-level sisters the Tredia and Cordia were presumably intended to woo the masses, it was the Starion that quickly took center stage and laid the groundwork for house-music ad campaigns of the distant future.

Pretty much everything about this car reminds me of being thirteen and walking to the arcade by my house after school to play Pole Position. Those weird slotted-disc wheels. The nameplate sticker on the deck lid. The instrument panel straight outta freaking Tron. It does not get any more '80s than this, my friends.

Click on the pic to check out the auction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home