Sunday, July 02, 2006

Road Test: 1989 Volvo 240 DL



The second and less charismatic of two Volvos my girlfriend's had dropped in her lap, this one clocking in at a youthful 200,000 check that, 330,000 miles. She brought it in to her mechanic to have the slushbox looked at and got it back with a grand worth of new rotors and pads, one repacked and one replaced front bearing, new rear shocks, and a laundry list of lesser fixes. More money than the car's worth really, and I kinda wished she'd brought me with her to say ixnay on the ear shocksray, f'rinstance. Then I drove it.

Jesus.

New shocks does that? I found myself actively seeking potholes to drive over, such was my disbelief at the complete absence of crash/bang/shudder to which I'd long ago grown accustomed. It drives like a new car. My mind is blown.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so stoked about this blog and it's off to a

wait for it

rolling start!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah. ^^volvo nerdgasm.

2:01 AM  
Blogger sw said...

More Volvo-blogging, plz.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home