Monday, August 07, 2006

Missed Connections: 1985 Maserati Quattroporte



Sorry for the disappearing act; it's been a busy couple weeks.

On July 24, gripped by a passion I can only compare to the experience of being batshit in love, I sent the following message to the seller of the above automobile:
Hi there. I wonder if you would consider letting the Quattroporte go for less than $5000 — is $4000 out of the question? Also, I'd love to pick up the car and drive it home, but I'm going to be traveling for work for the next few weeks. If we can agree on a price, would you be willing to house the car until I can get out there (say, August 10)? Let me know either way. I've got cash in hand, would be happy to PayPal or wire a deposit now, however you prefer. Hope to hear from you soon!

I was ready to pull the trigger; I even would've been happy giving him the full $5,000 he was asking. Dude never replied.

Click on the pic to check out the auction.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never?! Never EVER!? At all?! This is terrible news!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Davis Chino said...

(cue sound of deflation)
BUT
I have it on good authority that these cars run great. When they run great.

We mourn with you. Not against you.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home